We sat down with Sizakele “Caesar” Gabuza, an aspiring young musician from Gauteng. We wanted to find out more about this amazing young woman.
- Who is Caesar? Tell us about yourself, where you grew up and your family.
Caesar was born at Mzimhlope hostel in Soweto on the 17th of December 1985. I am the fourth child out of five. I grew up with my siblings, two brothers and two sisters. I was raised by a single unemployed mother, living in a two roomed shack while my abusive father left with another woman. I struggled a lot growing up poor without even a pair of school shoes.
- What got you into music?
Nothing more than the love I have, which I was born with.
- Has music always been your first love?
It has always been in my heart, even as a child. I never dreamed of anything else.
- For our readers who have never heard your music, explain your sound in 5 words:
Authentic. Unique. Captivating. Deep and Beautiful.
- Which artist(s) have you worked with so far in your career?
Benjamin Dube, Keke Phofoolo, Andile kaMajola, Sfiso Ncwane, etc.
- What is the most difficult situation you have had to face and how did you overcome it?
Performing after a well-known artist, not being received with warmth since you not known. But I always break the ice by giving my best performance and leave a mark.
- Do you write all of your own music; where do you draw inspiration from when you write?
I write my own compositions, I create my own sound. I draw inspiration from everyday stories, challenges, situations and experiences all over the universe.
- If you could go open up for any artist on tour right now who would it be?
Salif Keita, Buika and Enya.
- Where would you most like to perform?
Anywhere in Africa
- Do you ever get nervous when you are about to perform?
I never get nervous. I am a woman of prayer I always call upon the Holy Spirit to fill me up.
- What are the five things you can’t live without?
God. Prayer. Love. Faith and Smile.
- What hidden talents do you have?
Acting and dancing.
BY: Uniq Reporter